|“||I'm gonna be the very best witch that I can be, Mom. And I know having a good heart is important.||”|
Kiki also known as Kiki the Witch is a fictional teenage 13-year-old female witch and the titular main protagonist of Kiki's Delivery Service. Her name is not seen in the book adaptation.
Kiki is strong-willed, leaving her home in Karikiya for a year in order to train as a witch. She is very friendly, sweet, and upbeat, however is rather stubborn at times and proud, which is sometimes to her disadvantage. She is very attached to her pet black cat, Jiji, and introduces him as her best friend. Kiki is not ever so popular after her first arrival as she is viewed as a bit of a show off, but gradually makes new friends with her customers and is the heroine of the film at the end.
Kiki has short, black hair, which she ties back in a large, amaranth red bow. She wears a medium-sleeved, jet black dress, which appears to be violet or indigo at sometimes, white undergarments that consist of a tank top and bloomers, and amaranth red flats that look scarlet red at times. However, at the beginning, she is dressed in a bright green, short-sleeved dress with a bright pink apron with the same shoes. Kiki is not initially pleased with her appearance at the beginning of the film, but later on is told to like herself as a witch by her mother, Kokiri.
- Kiki uses a broomstick which can fly.
- She occasionally brings along a radio.
- Jiji (pet/best friend)
- Okino (father)
- Kokiri (mother)
- Tombo (friend/possible love interest)
- Ursula (friend)
- Dora (knowledge)
- Osono (employer/friend)
- Senior Witch (friend only in prologue)
- Kiki was voiced by Lisa Michelson, who also voiced Satsuki Kusakabe in My Neighbor Totoro.
- Kiki was inspired by Astrid Lindgren's Pippi Longstocking.
- Kiki has a plushie of Totoro from My Neighbor Totoro.
- In the Kirby series, she is the inspiration for an enemy called Keke, who appears to be a fusion of Kiki herself and Jiji.