The Spirits' culture is mostly unknown but bears a resemblance to human culture.
It is shown that they regard humans as lesser beings and are implied to even eat them.
Their appearances between each other vary greatly, some looking very monstrous while some almost completely humanoid.
- Haku, a dragon god/spirit of river
- Stink Spirit, a clay-like monster
- River Spirit, a higher dragon god/spirit or Haku
- Yubaba, a giant-headed witch who runs the bathhouse
- Lin, a spirit of white fox
- Kamajī, a spider-spirit
- The Radish Spirit
- No Face